13 August 2021
on course website
Big Data: Theory and Applicationblended course
Introduction to Data science
- Glossary of big data
- Types of data
- Structured data
- Unstructured data
- Data in natural language
- Machine data
Working with big data
- Data collection
- Data preparation
- Data research
- Modeling and building models
A system for collecting, processing and storing big data
- SQL databases
- NoSQL databases
- Tools for working with big data
- Highly loaded systems
- Big data processing in practice
- Data preprocessing
- Statistical data analysis
- Building models
- Neural networks
Project work: Development of software for working with big data
Deadline for registration:
Online format: July 19, 2021
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: July 05, 2021
- for non-EU nationals: May 24, 2021
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
Cultural program in the Hybrid format is discussed with participants individually.
*All of the listed above activities are planned to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Provided only for the Hybrid or the Tailor-made formats:
- on campus at the university dormitory
- off-campus at partner hostels in the city center
Details of the options and booking procedures will be discussed with each applicant individually.
Professors and lecturers
Vyacheslav Potekhin, Associate Professor, PhD.
Anton Alekseev, PhD, researcher>
Daniil Lyadsky, PhD, researcher
Vladislav Efremov, PhD, researcher
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies;
- Linear algebra: vectors, matrices, and their products, derivative;
- Probability theory: random events, mathematical expectation, variance;
- Basic programming knowledge: Python/R, SOLID, SQL, git, docker.
EUR 270: Online format: 270 Euro
Hybrid format: 270 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invition)
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips and cultural program.
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits (mailed by post in case of the online format of the Summer School).
- If you take 2 programs in one season you get a 10% discount per each course;
- If you take 3 or more programs in one season you get a 15% discount per each course;
- If you are an alumni of any previous course in the last 5 years you get a 10% discount for any summer program;
- If you are an SPbPU student you get a 20% discount for any summer course;
- If you are a student of any other Russian university you get a 15% discount for any summer program.
on course website