16 July 2021
Artificial Intelligence for all (session 2)blended course
Artificial Intelligence (AI) became one of the most popular and influential areas of technologies at the beginning of the XXI century.
It passed a long way from the first steps (back in the 50s) to become an essential part of modern life. Today's immense computing power and processing too much data, strengthen the importance of the AI and its subfields. Nowadays, we are living in a world where AI plays an unexceptionally important role. To adapt today's fast and growing technology and development, any specialist in any area needs to know the essentials of such a comprehensive subject.
In this course, you will learn:
Meaning of AI terminology (computer vision, data science, machine learning, deep learning etc.)
Historical review of AI area.
Review of modern AI applications and approaches.
Disciplines in relation with AI - ML and Data science project workflow
Review of Technical tools and platforms for AI
Basic ideas behind Supervised and Unsupervised learning
Deadline for registration:
Online format: June 28, 2021
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: June 07, 2021
- for non-EU nationals: May 05, 2021
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
Cultural program in the Hybrid format is discussed with participants individually.
*All of the listed above activities are planned to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Provided only for the Hybrid or the Tailor-made formats:
- on campus at the university dormitory
- off-campus at partner hostels in the city center
Details of the options and booking procedures will be discussed with each applicant individually.
Professors and lecturers:
Ogul Unal - PhD, Institute of Computer Science and Technology, SPbPU; M-com Search Engine Optimization specialist”;
Nikita Kudryashov – PhD, Institute of Computer Science and Technology, SPbPU; Gazprom-neft leading specialist
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
EUR 160: Online format: 160 Euro
Hybrid format: 160 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invition)
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips and cultural program.
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits (mailed by post in case of the online format of the Summer School).
- If you take 2 programs in one season you get a 10% discount per each course;
- If you take 3 or more programs in one season you get a 15% discount per each course;
- If you are an alumni of any previous course in the last 5 years you get a 10% discount for any summer program;
- If you are an SPbPU student you get a 20% discount for any summer course;
- If you are a student of any other Russian university you get a 15% discount for any summer program.