23 July 2021
Machine Learning for Business, Economics and Financeonline course
The aim of the course is to offer a brief, interactive and lively introduction to the immensely popular field of Data Science to interested students using the R programming language. Prior exposure to R is not required. During the interactive classes, students will receive an introduction to contemporary Data Visualization, Multivariate Statistical and Machine Learning techniques as they are applied in the 21st century by professionals in the fields of business, economics and finance. Besides numerous real-life applications, there will be an emphasis on methodological questions and finding the most appropriate technique to tackle a given problem. Students who attend the course will be capable of performing complex analyses of data from diverse sources using various popular techniques. Students will apply what they have learned in the course by analyzing their own dataset in pairs and presenting their results in front of the audience in order to master essential communication skills.
VÉKÁS Péter, Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary
Certificate of Attendance: awarded at the end of the summer school to all students who complete the 3-week programme.
Transcript of records (with credits and grades): awarded only to students who complete all course obligations and pass the final examination.
EUR 500: What is included?
- tuition for online synchronous lectures and access to all course materials/software/platforms;
- non-refundable registration/administrative fee,
- Certificate of Attendance and Transcript of records;
- professional administrative support before, during and after the programme;
- some organized activities during the programme to foster the intercultural experience.