23 July 2021
Entrepreneurship in the Age of Disruptiononline course
Entrepreneurship in the Age of Disruption is an on-line course in entrepreneurship that
combines theory and practice to expose students to current topics in entrepreneurship
and techniques for developing business opportunities in an age of uncertainty. The course
covers practical details that students need to know about starting a new venture; how
successful entrepreneurs innovate, engage, and organize for success; and how to create,
test, and present a business concept.
Students will be guided through the creation of their own start-up business concept,
working individually and in teams to develop a product or service idea that will be
expanded into testable business hypotheses. Through that journey, students will be
introduced to a series of frameworks for thinking as an entrepreneur about their business
idea and will experiment with selected tools to develop and refine their ideas into a
compelling business plan, which they will pitch to an audience of peers
GREENWOOD Kevin, Okanagan School of Business, Okanagan School of Business,
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
• Describe the process and mechanics of starting a new venture
• Explain the characteristics, abilities and attitudes that are associated with successful
• Identify new business opportunities
• Critique the viability of new business opportunities
• Estimate the feasibility, viability, desirability, and usability of new venture ideas
• Create a business plan and pitch for a new venture that includes plans for a new
product or service, marketing, human resources, operations and financial feasibility.
• Demonstrate good teamwork skills using clearly outlined roles and responsibilities,
open communication, respect, and shared goals
• Demonstrate critical thinking and presentation skills that grab the listener’s attention,
hold their interest and conclude strongly.
Certificate of Attendance: awarded at the end of the summer school to all students who complete the 3-week programme.
Transcript of records (with credits and grades): awarded only to students who complete all course obligations and pass the final examination.
EUR 500: What is included?
- tuition for online synchronous lectures and access to all course materials/software/platforms;
- non-refundable registration/administrative fee,
- Certificate of Attendance and Transcript of records;
- professional administrative support before, during and after the programme;
- some organized activities during the programme to foster the intercultural experience.