16 July 2021
Fundamentals of Finance
Always struggling with finances and efficient economic administration? Are you planning to start a new business project? This summer course is for you!
There is no doubt that financial information is very useful both for our personal and business interests. Have you ever asked yourself when to start saving and how much to save for your retirement? What about deciding whether a particular stock is a good investment, or whether a car loan or lease is more advantageous?
These are decisions we have never been taught to make, but we bring you the solution! Also, with this course, wondering about launching a new product, issuing new stock or knowing ways to raise money for your start-up firm will no longer be a headache. Our course gives you all the basic tools and knowledge to better understand how Finance applies in our daily lives.
The course, composed by four different modules, will be taught by Doctors and Professors specialized in Business, Accounting and Finance at the University of Almeria in collaboration with a NGO Chief Financial Officer, as well as a co-founder of a growing start-up in the region.
Don’t miss it! Register now in our website!
María José Muñoz Torrecillas
Undergraduated, master, and PhD students
The main objective of this course is to help students understand and use the basic tools of finance in order to make better financial decisions.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Distinguish and apply basic concepts in Finance.
2. Know and analyze the financing options for a new business or project.
3. Value distant and uncertain cash flows and move through, that is using compounding and discounting.
4. Distinguish the main financial statements of a company and use the relevant information from these statements.
5. Appraise investment projects and make investment decisions based on this appraisal.
EUR 900: Price for accommodation in a shared-double room
EUR 1000: Price for accommodation in a single room