25 July 2014
Leadership and Strategic Knowledge
Integrated within the Summer School Lisbon 2014 project, this programme focuses on how students become effective knowledge agents by addressing the importance of leadership, knowledge management and innovation.
Programme Director: Professor António Robalo
Summer Schools Coordinator: Ana Raquel Ferreira
Any student from a bachelor or master level programme.
At the end students are expected to:
- Discuss the knowledge society and economy;
- Understand the concept and the nature of organizational knowledge;
- Learn about Knowledge Management;
- Discuss the relationship between strategic knowledge management and innovation;
- Understand The case for change: Aspiration; Antecipation; Desperation;
- Differentiate Leadership Theories (Traits Theory; Great Events Theory; Situational Leadership; Transactional Leadership; Transformational Leadership);
- The Leadership Styles: Leadership that gets results (how to use the different styles for effective leadership);
- The eight-stage process of creating major change.
EUR 1100: Fee includes: tuition; course materials; team-building event; classes of Portuguese History and Culture; classes of Survival Portuguese Language; company visits; use of the library, PC labs and ISCTE-IUL facilities; public transportation card for one month in Lisbon; organization of leisure activities; airport pick-up service; welcome and farewell dinner.
There is no scholarship available for summer schools.