28 August 2015
Qualitative Research in Health Care
In 2015, we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the basic course on qualitative research, organized by the faculty of Medicine at the University of Antwerp in summer time.
This basic course takes the participants in 5 days from research question to ‘How to write a scientific paper in qualitative research’. Experienced qualitative researchers of international repute will lead the course and share their experience in a variety of research projects. Participants are encouraged to bring their own experiences of research, including their questions, doubts and failures.
These are the lectures and workshops in brief:
• Qualitative inquiry: a different paradigm
• Setting up a qualitative research project + workshop
• Reflections on own research projects
• Data-collection techniques (interviews, focus group discussions and observations) + workshops
• Analyzing qualitative data + workshop
• Appraising quality and reporting
• Qualitative data analysis using NVivo software
This year, we welcome Nigel King from Huddersfield University (or colleague, to be confirmed) for a lecture and workshop on Narrative research in Health care.
Early career researchers, PhD-students, postgraduate students (max 5), professionals, in a field related to health care. Experience in qualitative research is not required.
EUR 800: € Before 1 June/€ 900 After 1 June
Fees include orientation and course material, coffee breaks and farewell dinner. Does not include housing nor travel costs.
EUR 600: Reduced registration fee of € 600 for Master students, with a maximum of 5.